Udder On Farm
Udder OnFarm can be used by all dairy farmers grazing dairy herds on temperate ryegrass/clover pastures.
Udder OnFarm allows you to test a huge variety of management options at your desk. Here are a few of the questions you could ask.
What would happen to my farm’s profitability if I….
- Increased stocking rate ?
- Changed my herd’s calving pattern ?
- Changed my drying off strategy ?
- Grazed the heifers off the farm ?
- Changed the target liveweight of my replacement heifers ?
- Put the herd on once a day milking ?
- Used a longer grazing rotation during the autumn ?
- Fed more concentrate supplements during the summer ?
- Conserved a greater area of silage on the farm ?
- Used more Nitrogen fertiliser ?
- Grow a fodder crop ?
- Withdraw an area of pasture for renovation ?
Why use it ?
- Develop options for your farm that will increase profits.
- Experiment on the computer – not your farm.
Want to try it out ?